The first schools in the Singer area were Singer, Beckwith, and Oretta. The Singer school, built in 1915, consisted of a two-story wooden building located at the present site. After the Singer School was destroyed by fire in 1923 and rebuilt in 1924, it consisted of a two-story brick structure allowing for the consolidation of all three schools into Singer High School. That building stood until 1973 when it, too, was destroyed by fire. The present building was then constructed, consisting of a one-story structure with three wings. The building was occupied in 1974, and was partially destroyed by fire in 1975. It was rebuilt under the auspices of the Beauregard Parish School Board and the State Department of Education to accommodate and educate the present student enrollment.